Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Missed a week. of posting - not of cooking!



So the December 3rd post was actually food cooked the previous week. That night I cooked a wonderful meal. My camera ran out of battery at one point, but I did get some nice shots in there. Sadly, I don't have my camera with me right now, but I'll post pictures later.

What did I cook -
Pieces of steak cut for kabobs, salad, orzo pasta...

The preparation of the steak -
Pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
in a skillet, saute some onions and then add chopped garlic right before you put the steak in. Sear the steak for about 3 minutes on each side. Then put in a pan and put in the oven for about 10 minutes (more or less, depending on how large your pieces are and how well you'd like them done).
Then put them back in the skillet to get a nice brown sear on each side. Serve with salad or with the orzo.



















For the orzo, I got a multigrain one. Boil per the directions. Then drain. Then I seasoned them with a garlic wine seasoning from The Melting Pot. Then I put in enough tomato sauce to cover the orzo without the orzo drowning in it. Throw in a heap of Parmesan cheese and stir well. Note : if you don't have the garlic wine seasoning, just put garlic, basil and oregano to taste with some salt and pepper.





The salad was a simple baby field green salad with avocado and tomato.
Add a little Asiago cheese. No sauce necessary.











To drink - Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre. YUM! Dark and nutty beer. Delicious.

To listen to - Mika, because I felt just a little silly that night anyway.

I just realized that I didn't have any links to Mika songs...
Love Today
Lollipop
Big Girl (You are Beautiful)

I've also added pics... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment