Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Catching up

Hi there -
Well, there's been a lot going on and I actually haven't been cooking a whole lot over the past month. Oh sure, quick salads or pasta dishes here and there, but nothing too substantial, until the other week. Here's what I decided to do after a much needed trip to Central Market...

Goat Cheese Ravioli with pesto and chicken
Cheese and herb filled Canneloni with chicken
both with a small salad...

so...here it goes...
Start with the pesto sauce...
Garlic ...ohhh the garlic.


Basil, Oregano, and Olive Oil...


and usually pine nuts, but I was out, so I used pecans. It actually turned out pretty cool. It was a little "nuttier" than I normally have for pesto, but really yummy.

Then you have the chicken. I just put a little bit of salt and pepper and some fresh oregano and baked in the oven.

The goat cheese ravioli were fresh from central market.
Boil per directions, then top with pesto and chicken.
I also bought some cheese and herb cannelloni. Delicious!


Here is the final product.

OK...so, I'm realizing that the format for this blog is lacking. For example: The picture to the right there was supposed to be the other direction. It looks correct when I pull it up in it's file, but it doesn't load correctly on here. Anyone know how to change the direction? Also, when I load pictures, they all end up at the top and I have to drag them into place, which means scrolling through text and dragging, then resizing, etc. Anyone know more about blogger? :)

Alright, back to the food...
For dessert I didn't make anything, but I did find fantastic ice cream that tastes exactly like these German cookies made with molasses and spices.

For the wine...Sebastiani cabernet sauvignon

For the music...Erika Luckett
I found her CD, Tinted Glass, at Half Price Books and honestly bought it because it looked cool and was pretty cheap. (Oh, did I mention I love random music and usually end up pretty happy with my selections?)
If you've never ventured into a Half Price Books...you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment