Tuesday, March 22, 2011

road trip relaxation

I didn't cook much last week, but I did take time to enjoy some fantastic food out of town. Then I enjoyed driving back down I10 after a weekend of food, beer, friends, shotguns, and baseball...oh yeah.

I didn't take pictures of Moon Tower Inn, but it had hotdogs made with your choice of meat: beef, venison, bison, boar, rabbit, lamb...you name it. Then you top it with your choice of any number of toppings from saurkraut to feta cheese...and the bun is made from a pretzel dough. Great with a good cold beer. Plus, their URL is "damngoodfoodcoldassbeer" I mean...really...how can you go wrong?

...but the pictures that I took were of some of my favorite food at one of my favorite restaurants

First, let me give you some music to listen to as you read...


The restaurant I went to:
Mi Luna
The menu and wine menu are a little out of date with slightly different prices and descriptions, but it's pretty much the same.

Here's the entire meal...
from above...
















and from my perspective...












So, what do we have here?

Let's break it down...

queso de cabre montanes
(baked goat cheese with tomato basil sauce and toast)












Then we have pinchos de carne
basically beef, bell peppers and onions on a skewer with saffron rice












...and croquetas de pollo
(shredded chicken and saffron rice...in a ball...soooo yummy)

and here's the inside...it looks a little strange, but oohhhh soooo tasty...











I had a couple different red wines. I started with Araucano Pino Noir, which was light enough to drink while waiting for the food and then switched to DiseƱo Malbec which was dark, rich and sat just heavy enough on my tongue.

Later, I walked to the frozen yogurt shop and had vanilla yogurt (I'm sure it was vanilla bean or something, but I don't remember) and fresh blackberries...
Go ahead...
drool...Now wipe the drool off your keyboard and get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment