Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The goal...

Hi folks -
I'm not sure who will read this or where this adventure will take us, but here is where it begins...

I'm starting this blog just to see what other folks think about these things I hold very close to my heart. This is a blog that combines my favorite things: food, drinks, and music. Here's what I'm thinking. I'll post about the food I'm cooking and if it involves a paired drink of some sort, I'll include that as well. I LOVE cooking to music, so I'm going to include my music choices for the cooking and for the eating of food.

If you have suggestions for new music or new recipes to check out...let me have them! :)

So, a little about me -
I'm a librarian at an art / design school and I LOVE my job. I'm one of the few people that can honestly say that I love what I do. Sure, there are struggles from time to time, but overall, I get to work with some fantastic colleagues, wonderful students and excellent materials.

When not working, I stay pretty busy somehow. I don't actually read that much. I always say I will, but I just run out of time. I do swing/blues dancing, mostly west coast swing. I grew up knowing how to two step, polka, waltz and all the other country dance hall / german farming family type of dances. I don't think I remember a time when I didn't know how to two step.

I also cook... a lot. I cook for myself. I cook for friend's weddings. I cook for friends. I cook for family. I love it.

I listen to a LOT of music. I'm usually pretty open to new music as well. My tastes vary, so I'm open to your suggestions.

So here we go...my goal is to post one good meal per week with my music pairing. If I post more frequently, then it's just because I had more time. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment