Friday, November 12, 2010

Just a Simple Thursday night


Well, I hadn't planned on my Thursday being my cooking night, but I've had a tough week, and nothing sets me quite right like cooking.

I kept it simple though.

Salad -
Green mixture
red grapes cut in half
granny smith apples in small slices
pecans (from my parent's trees...yum)
and Asiago cheese


Brilliant combination!



Then for the meat, I had some salmon.
add chopped garlic, olive oil, rubbed sage, salt and pepper to taste...
put in the oven at 375 for around 15 minutes.
Add gorogonzola cheese for an additional 5 minutes.
and it comes out like this...

I added those three pecan halves on the salmon just for looks more than anything else.

Yum! (next time I'm going to try broiling it for the last 3 minutes to see how it turns out)

Here are a few more shots...just because I like pictures of food...






















Oh...and for the wine, I chose a reasonably priced Merlot. It's quite tasty. If I knew anything about analyzing wine, I'd tell you more...I'll analyze my next beer pairing better, I promise.

I'm sure you're asking
"What about the music selection for the night?"
Well, I decided to go with Madeleine Peyroux. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was the feeling of something simple, with sweet and savory together that made me think her slightly sultry, yet somehow sweet voice would work. The link is to the album I had playing last night.

For dessert, I walked down to the cafe a block away and picked up a couple scoops of vanilla bean icecream.

What a good mid/late week evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment